Fraser Shipyard

  • Fraser Shipyard
  • DSC_9490_1000-Metal
    Located on the southern tip of LuLu Island, in the Fraser River, the original Star Shipyards dates to 1908, when Edward Mercer from Newfoundland and his wife cleared the lost at 61 Duncan Avenue in Queensborough, a part of New Westminster. The yard became the Benson Star Shipyard, and finally the Fraser Shipyard & Industrial Centre. Unfortunately it is closed, and the dreaded “Redevelopment” Sign showing a row of what will be waterfront town homes stands at the gate.

  • DSC_9496-1000-WoodenShipyard
  • DSC_9502-1000-PlugsSwitchesFuses
  • DSC_9508-1000-TheClockStopped
  • DSC_9511_1000-FraserShipyardRepairBarn
  • DSC_9556-1000-FraserShipyardTheLoneChair
  • DSC_9557-1000-Fraser-River-Shipyard-Control-Panels
  • DSC_9575-1000-Two-Ton-Hoist